Rideshare Driver Profile: Andrea
Last Updated on: October 23rd, 2016
First Name: Andrea | Age: Twenties | Driving around Sacramento, CA in a 2007 Subaru Forrester.
1. How long have you been a rideshare driver?
2. Are you doing this full time or part-time? If part-time, what is your day job or what industry are you in?
Part-time job to pay for my shenanigans. I’m in the Medical Field doing post graduate studies.
3. How many hours per week do you rideshare?
12-18 hours per week.
4. What rideshare company are you a part of? Uber, Lyft, Sidecar or all of the above?
5. If you drive for more than one company, which do you prefer and why? N/A
6. Why do you rideshare? What do you get out of it?
It’s fun, keeps me busy, and familiarizes me to all the neighborhoods in my area.
7. What concerns you most about being a rideshare driver? (Safety, Accident, Insurance, Drunk passengers, Wear and tear of car, Mileage, People hitting on you or making a pass, Rating system, other (please explain…)
Drunk passengers, you’ll never know how it will turn out; It can go from 0-100 really quick! Although I’ve only had good and funny experiences with them so far.
8. Take us back to the the very first ride you ever gave. How was the experience? Any jitters? Did you make a mistake? wrong turn, forgot to hit buttons on the app? Did you talk to your passenger/s? Were you hooked instantly?
I was overcompensating and overly accommodating! I was jittery in the beginning but I faked it till I made it! I didn’t even tell my passenger it was my very first Uber ride! It was a quick drop-off after a night out luckily in an area I was already familiar with so I even impressed the passenger!
9. Would you recommend becoming a rideshare driver to your sister, best friend, mom or other women drivers? What would you tell them?
Yes, I already did! Do it because it’s a fun and interactive way to earn money if you have a lot of down time.
10. Any memorable experience as a driver? Most memorable rider?
I once drove a drunk passenger through a Carl’s Junior Drive-Thru, he insisted I order for him and got him the “healthiest” meal I could find.
11. What is the most annoying thing about your passengers? What is the most pleasant thing about them?
I don’t have anything annoying to add but I do love how everyone is so polite and often very friendly.
12. Have you ever been pulled over by a cop while ridesharing? Why? What happened next? N/A
13. If you could add, remove one feature that could help you as a Lyft or Uber driver, what would it be?
Add a feature where you can request a rideshare driver.
14. What music do you listen to while ridesharing?
Depends on the type of day, but thank you Spotify premium.
15. Favorite Quote? YOLO!
“So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life’s
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.” -Dr. Seuss